Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
3 chicken sausage links, sliced
½ yellow onion, sliced
½ medium zucchini, sliced in half moons
½ medium squash, sliced in half moons
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 small potato, cubed
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Black pepper to taste
Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine prepped chicken sausage, onion, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, potatoes, and garlic. Add the olive oil and lemon juice to the bowl and mix well. Add black pepper to taste and mix again.
- Spray three large pieces of foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Split the mixture onto the sprayed pieces of foil. Place another piece of foil on top of each pack and roll up the edges and seal tightly.
- Take another piece of foil to double wrap each pack.
- Place the packs onto a hot grill or into the hot coals of a campfire. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Serving Size: 1 foil pack
Calories: 347, Fat: 22g, Protein: 17g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 5g, Sodium: 625mg
Nutrition Tips: Camping is such an exciting activity for the entire family but eating balanced can sometimes be difficult. This easy recipe can be prepared before leaving for your trip in the foil packs and then thrown onto the campfire to make a balanced but delicious meal while enjoying the woods. Double or triple this recipe to make enough for the whole family. At home and looking for a quick grilled meal – throw it onto a hot grill on the back patio.