Written by: Bonnie Wilson, MS, RDN, LDN
These salmon patties make for a perfect weeknight meal! Loved by kids and adults alike, these salmon patties are crispy and flavorful. Feel free to substitute canned salmon if you don’t have any leftover or fresh salmon on hand!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 13-14 salmon cakes
1 pound fresh salmon filet (or 14-15 oz drained canned salmon)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, finely diced
½ red or orange bell pepper, diced
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 eggs lightly beaten
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon skin-side down and brush with olive oil. Season with garlic salt.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Remove salmon from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, discard the skin and flake the salmon with forks, being sure to remove any bones. Cool to room temperature.
- While salmon is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the diced onion and bell pepper. Sauté until softened (7-9 minutes) and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked (or canned) salmon, sauteed onions/peppers, and the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Form into 13-14 patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once heated, add half of the salmon cakes and sauté 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Once cooked transfer to a plate and cook remaining salmon cakes.
Serving Size: 1 salmon cake
Calories: 134, Fat: 9g, Protein: 9g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 0.5g, Sodium: 145mg
Adapted from: https://natashaskitchen.com/salmon-cakes-recipe/