Written by: Grace Burton, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 5 servings
1 ½ pounds 93% lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, finely chopped
3 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1 cup packed fresh spinach, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Scoop out a large fistful of meat, roll it into a ball, then flatten it to form a patty around 1 ½ inches thick. Repeat with the remaining meat to make 5 large patties of equal size.
- Once the patties are formed, use your thumb to make a shallow indentation in the middle of each patty to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook.
- Set a large oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray lightly with olive oil spray. When the skillet is hot, add the patties.
- Cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, until the edges are brown and seared, then flip the patties over.
- Cook for an additional minute, then place the entire skillet in the oven to cook until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit, 9 to 11 minutes.
- You can also bake them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for 8 to 10 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 burger
Calories: 237, Fat: 14g, Protein: 30g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Sodium: 436mg
Nutrition Tip: These delicious turkey burgers are full of flavor and so easy to make for a weeknight dinner (and leftovers for lunch). Serve with or without a whole wheat bun and a vegetable side to complete the meal. These also taste great with a little tzatziki sauce!
Adapted from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/greek-turkey-burgers/