Better Health Starts Here
What Can I Expect at Appointments?
- Your first appointment will be a 60-minute comprehensive assessment of your medical history, current lifestyle, and personal goals. Your dietitian will use your goals as a roadmap for future appointments.
- Follow up appointments will be scheduled weekly, biweekly, or monthly and will be either 30 or 60 minutes long. We see the best results with long-term follow up and you’ll work with your dietitian to develop the plan that’s best for you.
Where Will We Meet?
- Our dietitians are primarily virtual, but in-person appointments may be available at select locations.
- For more information about in-person appointments, please call our Specialty Services Coordinators at 919-237-1337, option 4
Will My Insurance Cover Nutrition Services?
- Most insurance companies cover counseling services provided by a registered dietitian. In some cases, you may be eligible for unlimited benefits with no copay or deductible. We accept:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- Medicare (covered for diabetes, chronic kidney disease, and BMI over 30)
- After scheduling your visit, our coordinators will call your insurance provider to verify your benefits and will alert you of any copays or fees, if applicable.
- If you do not have or do not prefer to use your insurance coverage, we also offer a self-pay rate of $100 per 60-minute appointment
What to Expect when You Meet with an Avance Care Registered Dietitian
What is Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)?
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) is nutrition-based treatment provided by a registered dietitian/nutritionist. Dietary advice can be confusing, but our licensed professionals will make evidence-based, personalized recommendations for you.
Who can Benefit from Nutrition Services?
Patients interested in:
- Weight management
- Emotional/stress eating
- Cardiovascular disease/ high cholesterol/ high blood pressure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Gastrointestinal diseases such as IBS, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticular disease, etc.
- Fatty liver disease
- Autoimmune conditions such as Celiac and thyroid disease
- Foods allergies/intolerances
- Wounds/pressure ulcers
- Kidney stones
- Sports nutrition
- Vegetarian/vegan diets
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Weight Inclusive/ Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Mindful or Intuitive Eating
- Anyone interested in disease prevention or a healthy lifestyle!