Thriving with Diabetes Program
Don’t settle for just surviving with diabetes when you can thrive!
Avance Care’s diabetes education program helps you develop practical strategies that make managing diabetes easier. Our diabetes educators will work with you to create a lifestyle plan that helps you manage your blood sugars while still incorporating foods and activities that you love.
We highly recommend our Virtual Thriving Diabetes Classes in conjunction with one-on-one counseling.
What to Expect
- A comprehensive initial assessment of your medical history, current lifestyle, and personal goals
- Bi-weekly individual appointments with your dietitian
- An in-depth understanding of what diabetes is and how to prevent complications
- Healthy eating for diabetes including meal planning, grocery shopping, and recipe development
- Stress Management and mindful eating skills
- Help preventing chronic complications such as heart or kidney disease
- Healthy weight management if desired
- Ongoing follow up with your dietitian
Most insurance plans cover this program. Our Specialty Services Coordinators will call your insurance provider to verify your benefits and will alert you of any co-pays or fees, if applicable.
Avance Care’s diabetes programs are accredited with the Diabetes Education Accreditation Program, ensuring that we meet national standards for diabetes self-management education and support