Most insurance companies cover counseling services provided by a registered dietitian.
In some cases, you may be eligible for unlimited benefits with no copay or deductible. We accept:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- Medicare (covered for diabetes, chronic kidney disease, and BMI over 30)
After scheduling your visit, our coordinators will call your insurance provider to verify your benefits and will alert you of any copays or fees, if applicable.
Due to the high demand for nutrition counseling at Avance Care, we respectfully ask that if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment that you provide us with a minimum of 24-hour advanced notice. For appointments that are cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice, a “no-show” fee of $75 will be billed to your account.
If you do not have or do not prefer to use your insurance coverage, we also offer a self-pay rate of $100 per 60-minute appointment.
Questions for Your Insurance Company
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) Codes
- 97802: initial assessment and intervention, individual consultation
- 97803: re-assessment and intervention, individual, consultation
- Do you cover codes 97802 and 97803?
- Does my deductible apply for procedure codes 97803, 97802, and if so, how much remaining deductible do I have?
- Is there a limit to the number of time units that are permitted per visit and per procedure code?
- Is there a limit on the number of visits permitted per enrollment period?
- Is there a co-pay on codes 97802 and 97803?
- Do I need a specific diagnosis to receive these benefits?