Written by: Kathryn Cassellius, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 5 servings
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
3 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
4 large bell peppers (assorted colors), cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a large, flat rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- 3. In a large glass bowl, mix chicken with chili powder, cumin, garlic, oil, sea salt and pepper. Stir well to coat.
4. Add the onion, peppers, pineapple, and lime juice then gently toss to combine well.
5. Spread in a single layer on your prepared sheet pan.
6. Roast for 10-12 minutes, then broil for a couple of minutes more, or until the veggies are lightly brown and the chicken is cooked through.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh chopped cilantro.
Serving Size: 1/5 of the recipe
Calories: 288 Fat: 11g, Protein: 34g, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 3g, Sodium: 121mg
Nutrition Tip: Sheet pan meals are a great option for a quick and easy weeknight meal since cleanup is a breeze. This recipe includes chicken for lean protein as well as pineapple and vegetables for added fiber and nutrients. Pair this main dish with a whole grain such as quinoa, whole grain pasta, or brown rice to create a balanced meal that is sure to be satisfying! It would also go nicely with a potato or be a great filling for a whole wheat tortilla wrap. Feel free to get creative and substitute with or add different vegetables to your liking. Some options include broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash and/or mushrooms.