Virtual Emotional Eating Group Classes
Finding Freedom from Emotional Eating
Coming Fall 2021!
This is not a weight loss program. Discover what’s holding you back from developing a healthy relationship with food and your body through the support of your peers, a registered dietitian, and a licensed therapist all in the same group.
Don’t want to wait? Book an individual appointment with a registered dietitian today!
Unsure whether you’re an emotional eater? Take this quick self-assessment:
- I often turn to food when I am feeling negative emotions such as stress, sadness, or boredom, or in response to positive events such as celebrations or rewards.
- I am constantly thinking about food, even after I just ate.
- I hide my eating from my family and friends.
- I feel a lot of shame and regret after I eat.
- I feel unable to control myself around food.
If 2 or more of these statements apply to you, and you’ve never been diagnosed with an eating disorder, the emotional eating group may be beneficial for you!
What to Expect
- Virtual group meetings including a short introduction from your dietitian or therapist followed by group discussion and support.
- A non-judgmental environment where participants support each other’s emotional eating journey.
- A weight inclusive setting where all bodies are respected, and you can focus on your relationship with food and your body without being pressured for weight loss.
- Optional one-on-one appointments with your dietitian and/or therapist if desired.
Most insurance plans cover these groups. Our Wellness Services Coordinators will call your insurance provider to verify your benefits and will alert you of any co-pays or fees, if applicable.