Virtual Diabetes Management Support Group
Free virtual support group to help manage your diabetes!
Managing diabetes can feel overwhelming at times and taking care of yourself may get put on the back burner when other life responsibilities come up. That is why Avance Care created a free virtual diabetes support group to aid in managing your diabetes and help accomplish your health goals.
This free virtual diabetes support group meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month, from 5:30-6:30 PM, and is facilitated by one of our registered dietitians. This support group is open to the community. We welcome families and caregivers to attend.
Interested in receiving a monthly email invite to the support group? Fill out this Contact form with your name, phone number, and email to be added to our invitation list:
Support group topics include:
- Healthy eating tips
- Navigating new diabetes technologies
- Meal planning tips
- Mindfulness techniques
- Quick exercise ideas
- Emotional eating and food cravings
- Stress management
- Preventing diabetes burnout
Not sure if this support group is for you?
Consider these four ways that participating in diabetes support groups can improve your health and well-being:
- Sometimes having a chronic condition such as diabetes can feel isolating. Having a support group means you are never alone in managing your condition.
- Support groups provide a lot of practical advice for managing diabetes that comes from others with experience managing it themselves.
- Support groups provide personal connections, which is what makes them so effective. Members often have similar challenges and can help each other through tough times and problem solving.
- Guest speakers and rotating topics connect you to new therapies, research, and community resources, helping you stay cutting edge with managing your health.