Free Virtual Diabetes Prevention Program Group Classes
The Road to Reversing Prediabetes
Reduce your risk for developing diabetes with our evidence-based lifestyle change prevention program from the comfort of your own home.
If you have been told your fasting blood sugars are high or that you have prediabetes, or if you have a family history of diabetes or a personal history of gestational diabetes, this prevention program may be for you! Not sure if you’re at risk for prediabetes? Take the CDC quiz.
What to Expect
Four interactive virtual group classes:
Welcome to the Program: Understanding and Thriving with Prediabetes
- Risk factors
- Changes in your body
- Strategies to manage prediabetes
Finding a Healthy Balance: Make Your Food Choices Work for You
- Food groups and how they affect blood sugar
- High quality food choices
- Balanced meals with a Healthy Plate
A Deeper Dive into Prediabetes Nutrition: Beyond the Basics
- Sugars and Sweeteners
- Alcohol and blood sugar
- Reading nutrition labels
Total Wellness: Move those Muscles, Manage Stress, and Stay Motivated
- Benefits of physical activity
- Resources and ideas for activity
- Barriers and problem-solving
- Stress and blood sugar
- Stress management and self-care
- Optional one-on-one appointments with a registered dietitian to assess your medical history, current lifestyle, and personal goals
- Ongoing one-on-one support if desired
- Avance Care’s virtual prediabetes prevention group classes are offered at no cost and will not be billed to your insurance company
- Most insurance plans cover individual counseling with a registered dietitian. Our Specialty Services Coordinators will call your insurance provider to verify your benefits and will alert you of any co-pays or fees, if applicable.
Click the link below to sign up for Avance Care’s free virtual group diabetes prevention classes.
Selecting your first class (Welcome to the Program) will automatically enroll you in all four classes for that group (Thursday Evening or Saturday Daytime group)