Free Virtual Diabetes Prevention Program Group Classes
Coming winter 2020-2021!
Reduce your risk for developing diabetes with our evidence-based lifestyle change prevention program from the comfort of your own home. If you’ve been told by your doctor that your blood sugars are too high or have an increased risk for diabetes due to family history or a personal history of gestational diabetes, this program may be for you!
If you’d like to receive more information about virtual prediabetes prevention group classes, please fill out our Interest Form.
What to Expect
Four interactive virtual group classes covering:
What is Prediabetes?
- Risk factors
- Changes in your body
- Strategies to manage prediabetes
- Food groups and how they affect blood sugar
- High quality food choices
- Balanced meals with a Healthy Plate
- Sugars and Sweeteners
- Alcohol and blood sugar
- Reading nutrition labels
Physical Activity & Stress
- Benefits of physical activity
- Resources and ideas for activity
- Barriers and problem-solving
- Stress and blood sugar
- Stress management and self-care
- Optional one-on-one appointments with a registered dietitian to assess your medical history, current lifestyle, and personal goals
- Ongoing one-on-one support if desired
- Avance Care’s virtual prediabetes prevention group classes are offered at no cost and will not be billed to your insurance company
- Most insurance plans cover individual counseling with a registered dietitian. Our Specialty Services Coordinators will call your insurance provider to verify your benefits and will alert you of any co-pays or fees, if applicable.